Title: Lead Developer / Server Administrator (LAMP stack)
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000
Sitting within the Development team’s state of the art facilities, the successful candidate will ultimately be taking on a Lead role in administering servers and providing exceptional maintenance of legacy code. The role will also include working on new development projects, both internally and for external, internationally renowned customers.
- Manage and maintain the company’s cloud hosting environments using Amazon Web Services
- Work closely with the Project Management team to ensure that projects are delivered on-time and within budget
- Deploy websites and web-based applications as required by the business
- Assist in arranging penetration/vulnerability tests as required by the business and/or its clients, and carry out remedial action in a timely manner
To be considered, the successful Lead Developer / Server Administrator must be a good communicator who can articulate both technical and non-technical issues to a wide ranging audience.
- Extensive knowledge of best practice, including modern PHP development recommendations and W3 standards
- Possess a strong understanding of the challenges of web-based application development, including (but not limited to) security issues such as SQL injection, XSS, CSRF and directory traversal attacks
- Excellent skills in debugging and producing browser-compliant websites and applications
- Possess strong knowledge of Linux servers (Debian or Ubuntu), particularly as it pertains to the LAMP stack, with moderate use of the command line and a strong understanding of web server security
- Experience of LESS as a CSS preprocessor, or a general knowledge of CSS preprocessors and the willingness to learn LESS
- Experience with Bitbucket and JIRA
- Essential to this role is experience of developing in at least one modern PHP framework, with an understanding of the principles of dependency injection – knowledge of Laravel would be highly beneficial
Our client can offer excellent career development opportunities, a great, friendly environment to work in and benefits including 25 days holiday, pension and a range of salary sacrifice options.
Apply now for an initial consultation!
Service 1st Recruitment Ltd operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com