Title: Application Support Manager (SQL Server based Apps)
Salary: circa £40,000 – £45,000
Skills: Service Management, ITIL v3, SQL Server, Management skills, Application Support
We are urgently seeking an experienced Application Support Manager to head up a busy support team comprising of a Service Desk and Applications Support Team. You will primarily be responsible for:
- Ensure incident, problem and change requests are addressed within SLA
- Manage and support service desk and application support teams
- Continual improvement of standards and processes for IT service management
- Reporting service level performance via reporting and review meetings with internal/external stake holders
This is a rare opportunity for someone with proven technical knowledge in SQL Server (i.e. select statements, stored procedures, triggers, functions) and experience of managing a service desk to take up their next challenge.
Our client is fully compliant with ITIL processes and therefore the suitable Application Support Manager must also be able to demonstrate a full understanding of ITIL v3, COBIT, CSM, with applicants holding ITIL certifications preferred.
Day to day duties will include:
- Manage service reviews, service levels / OLA, operational engagement with all 3rd parties and internal stakeholders
- Engage with Client Services, Delivery and Technical teams to optimise response and restoration for major incidents
- Ownership and leadership of response and resolution for all major incidents
- Co-ordinator and single point of escalation for all operational issues
- Ensure project work requiring team resources is adequately resourced and reported
- Create, maintain and continuously improve Service Operation and Service Transition process and standards, in line with ITIL framework
- Ensure the delivery of IT security policy application within the team
- Respond and address audit issues
- Provide regular internal reviews on key performance and management information reporting
My client is looking to appeal to individuals who are serious about making a future for themselves, with a company that utilise the very latest technologies and actively encourage both professional and personal development.
Apply now for an immediate interview!!
Service 1st Recruitment Ltd operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org